- 2022 – Selected for The BBC Northern Voice’s Scheme.
- 2022 – DYSPLA storymaker in residence (Arts Council Funded)
- 2022 – Original drama series in development with Dancing Ledge and The BBC.
- 2022 – Selected for The Dancing Ledge/ITV New Talent Scheme. Mentor Paula Milne (The Politician’s Wife)
- 2022 – BFI Network X BAFTA Writing Mentorship with Lisa McGee (Derry Girls)
- 2022 – Original comedy series under option with Old Hall Films.
- 2022 – HUNTERS MOON (folk horror) feature in development with Hipster Films.
- 2022 – Screenskills mentorship (documentary) mentor Maria Hasse Coelho.
- 2021 – Lead writer on the TV pilot HOW TO BE AUTISTIC for Adapted Pictures (BFI young audiences fund)
- 2021 – Original drama series in development with Dancing Ledge Productions.
- 2021 – BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Guru Scheme.
- 2021 – CLOUD 9 – The Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester, development grant.
2019 – The BBC’s Alfred Bradley Award with my radio drama WAKING BEAUTY.
2017 – The Channel 4 and New Writing North TV Drama Writing Award with my young adult drama BELOW (later in development with Bonafide Films for C4 in 2018)
2019 – Thousand Films Screenwriting Competition with BELLA IN THE AFTERNOON.
2019 – The Old Vic 12 with WHEN I WAS A TROLL.
2008 – Commonword’s Northern Novelist competition with THE LANDLORD, THE MEDIUM, AND THE CHERUB. (Currently adapting for TV).
2019 – VAMP (Selected for the BFI/Film Hub North’s Short Script Lab).
2017 – THE GIRL WHO DRESSED AS A BEAR selected for the Watersprite Film Festival and later published in U.S anthology Hashtag Queer.
2019 – Sisters of the Midnight Berries (comedy/drama) Salford Art’s Theatre. Dir. Roni Ellis. Produced by Salford Arts Theatre.
2013 – Our Kid Jesus (comedy) The Cockpit Theatre, London and 3 Minute Theatre, Manchester 2013. Dir. Dominic Kelly. Produced by The Salon Collective (2013). Winner of 24:7 Theatre Festival’s Next Big Idea Event 2013.
2011/2012 – Seconds (drama) The Soho Theatre, Pleasance Theatre, and Rosemary Branch Theatre. Produced by Writer’s Avenue and Missfit Productions. Dir. Adam Morley. Winner of ‘The First 20 minutes’ playwriting competition 2010. ‘The Next Stage’ playwriting competition (2011) and ‘The Final Stage’ 2012 playwriting competition.
2009 – The Crucifixion of Madeline Mackay (or what the Owl Man knew, and the girl found out) The Red Lion Theatre, The Rosemary Branch. Produced by Missfit Productions.
2019 – John Yorke’s “Story for Script Development” (for story editors).
2019 – The Raising Films Writer’s Residency.
2018 – STAGE ONE’s Bridging the Gap Commercial Theatre Producers Scheme.
2017/18 – Postgraduate Certificate in TV and Radio Scriptwriting, The University of Salford.
When I’m not writing, I’m busy co-founding The Self Care Club — a grassroots mental health initiative based in Greater Manchester with Bluesci Trafford.
I also volunteer with Women’s Aid in Manchester offering Mindfulness and Yoga Nidra training for women in refuge. I’m a certified meditation teacher and hypnotherapy student.