If you’re like me, you play in the mud a lot. Which mean you need to wash many many clothes in one week (and assure people you are not a human warthog) Here’s how to create an all-natural batch of laundry detergent that you can personalize with gorgeous smelling essential oils. Yep – be proud of you! Not only will you be keeping the environment fresh, your clothes super-cool smelling too. Meaning more mud jumping rolling and messing time for you. Win win. Awesome eh?!
What You Need:
- Empty gallon jug
- 1/2 cup Washing Soda
- 1/4 cup Borax substitute
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon castile soap
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Hot water
- Essential oils (something you love- rose and bergamot are lovely together)
- Large mixing bowl
What you need to do:
- Add the washing soda and borax together. Whisk ’em up to destroy any lumps or clumps.
- Cover with the boiling water, (Watch them fingers!) whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the castile soap. Then the vinegar too.
- Add hot water and whisk until there’s about enough to add to the gallon container. Add 20 drip-drops of your bestest essential oil too . Then sensibly and carefully pour into the container
- Now you’re ready to wash your muddy pants! Yay! (Around 1/3 cup cleans a full machine load of clothes)
Sometimes the ingredients seem a wee bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. The Eco-warrior series is designed to not bust your bank balance when buying in the essential ingredients – and safe in the knowledge they’ll be using them in other recipes too.
© Alex Clarke 2016
Alex Clarke is author of Awaken your Inner Faerie in 30 Days – learn to live from your creative core published by 6th Books & winner of Prediction Magazine’s Publishing Competition.
PS: Be sensible and apply your clever smart brain when making and using all Eco-warrior products. We are not chemists or scientists – but we do think you should NOT ingest any concoctions nor rub them into any orifice. Be clever. Be safe. Be sensible.
Photo: SALVATION ARMY USA WEST / FLICKR CCL